Using the WebCT Migration Tool in Canvas
If you are confident that this is the best option for you, follow these steps to import your WebCT content to Canvas:
- If applicable, remove any files that you are not using from WebCT. For tips and instructions, read Cleaning Up WebCT’s File Manager. You may also want to create a back-up of your WebCT files.
- Note the name and course number of the WebCT course you will be importing.
- Create a template course in Canvas if you have not done so already.
- Navigate to your template course in Canvas.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions in the Canvas Instructor Guide: How do I import content from my old Blackboard course into Canvas?
For more info about how WebCT tools will map to Canvas tools, see here: