As you may know, Instructure updates and repairs Canvas every few weeks. Here are some highlights from last weekend’s update:
Conversations Updates (Beta Version)
[ITG note: Beta means that there may still be some bugs, but you're welcome to try this new feature out and see if you like it better!]
Conversations can be archived to help users clean up their message Inbox. To archive a message, click the message thread you wish to archive. Then click the Archive button at the top of the Inbox toolbar.
Users can also unarchive messages and place them back in the Inbox. In the Inbox drop-down menu, select the Archived message folder.
Click the message thread you wish to restore. Then click the Archive button again. The icon tooltip will display as Unarchive and restore the message to the Inbox.
Note: Currently, messages can only be selected one at a time.
Automatically link URLs in messages
About the New Conversations
The new Conversations was introduced as an opt-in feature as part of the 9/14 release. To try Conversations, click the question icon and select the Try New Conversations option.
You can switch back to the old Conversations at any time. Click the question icon and select the Switch Back to Old Conversations option.
- Even more improvements to labeling and screen reader navigation
- Calendar 2 displays the correct due dates for Assignments.
- Conversations show more than 10 courses in the drop-down list. Users can scroll through the courses or search within the search field.
- Changing quiz dates does not affect quiz sorting.
- In One-question-at-a-time quizzes, students are redirected to resume the quiz if they are disconnected from the Internet.
- Submissions do not appear late on quizzes with a time limit.
If you’d like to see all the gory details, check out http://help.instructure.com/entries/22835025-10-26-13-Canvas-Production-Release-Notes-Featuring-Beta-Conversations-and-Quiz-Formula-Updates